0113 229 3000
What period does the grant cover?
· November to January 2021 inclusive.
How is the grant calculated?
· It is 80% of your average monthly trading profits for the three tax years ended 5th April 2019, covering a 3 month period.
· The maximum claim is restricted to £7,500.
What is the eligibility criteria for the 3rd Grant?
· You must have been eligible for the first and second SEISS claims. You can still be eligible even if you did not make a claim.
· You must have traded in the 2018/19 and 2019/20 tax years.
· You must now be trading but are impacted by reduced demand due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
· You have been trading but are temporarily unable to do so due to Covid-19 pandemic.
· You intend to continue to trade.
· You reasonably believe that there will be a significant reduction in your trading profit covering the period 1st November to 29th January 2021.
· When deciding whether the reduction is significant, you need to consider your wider business circumstances.
What is meant by ’reasonably believe’ and ‘significant reduction’?
· You have reason to believe that you will suffer a significant reduction in trading profit due to reduced business activity, capacity or demand or an inability to trade due to Covid-19 restrictions covering the 3 month period to the end of January 2021.
What is not deemed to be a significant reduction?
· A reduction in profit due solely due to an increase in costs such as buying masks, cleaning supplies, screens and other PPE equipment will not be sufficient for a claim to be made.
· If you have gone on holiday and have had to self-isolate for 14 days and this is the only thing to impact your business.
HMRC examples of what is and what is not allowable can be found on the link below: How your trading conditions affect your eligibility for the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
When can the SEISS claim be made?
· The Gov.UK online portal opened on 30th November 2020.
· You will have until 29th January 2021 to make a claim.
· HMRC state that you should only make your claim when you have a reasonable belief that your trading profits are going to be significantly reduced.
What will you need to make the claim?
· Your Unique Taxpayers Reference number.
· Your National Insurance number.
· Government Gateway ID and password.
· Bank account and sort code.
What records should be kept
· Keep a copy of the amount claimed.
· The claim reference number.
· Evidence that at the time of making the claim you had reason to believe that the trading profits were going to be significantly reduced.
· Evidence to show the impact and reduction in their business activity across the period from November to January 2021 inclusive.
Important to note
· The grant will need to be reflected within your self-employed accounts and will be liable to tax and national insurance.
· The eligibility criteria is tighter than in respect of the first two SEISS claims and so you may want talk to us before you make the claim.
· Keeping a copy of evidence backing up the reasons for your claim will help should HMRC look to review your claim
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.